When you’re a child, there is no greater feeling in the world than flying through the air on a swing. The breeze against your face and the thrill of being airborne are a cherished part of childhood in many parts of the world. But this beloved playground staple is also beneficial to your child’s health and development. Continue reading “What are the benefits of swinging?” »
- Swing Sets
As adults things like cycling, swinging and sliding down a slide may seem like no-brainers, but for a little child, these tasks are much more daunting! If you want to teach your child to use a swing, you first need to understand how to break down the motion. Let’s look at how your child can learn to pump a swing with ease. Continue reading “How do you teach a toddler to swing?” »
There are many benefits to unstructured playground time for children of all ages. Children develop in particular patterns. For example, they have to be able to sit up by themselves before they can crawl and eventually walk. Same is true for how they develop their handwriting skills. Tearing, cutting and scribbling occur way before the child is able to write. They have to develop the little muscles (fine motor muscles) in their hands before they are able to grasp a pencil and make legible symbols, known as letters. Continue reading “Is swing good for toddlers?” »
How your children play on their playset will change as they grow and develop. The 2-year-old in the toddler swing will become the 5-year-old who can swing all by herself to the adventurous 10-year-old climbing the knotted rope ladder. The good news is, your kids can enjoy a good quality playset for many years, and the benefits they get from active play will help them gain developmental skills. Continue reading “What age can a child use a swing?” »
- What is a Montessori Learning Tower?
- At what age do babies look at mobiles?
- What colors are calming for babies?
- How do sensory toys help children with autism?
- Why is sensory play important for development?
- Are cabin beds safe for toddlers?
- What is the difference between a cabin bed, a mid sleeper and a high sleeper?
- How does stacking toys help develop fine motor skills?
- Why are stacking toys good for babies?
- How does play enhance language development?