Play is your child’s full-time job — and there’s nothing else that instructs her quite as well in both physical and intellectual development. Playing teaches problem-solving (What can she use to take a picture? What does she need to do to get Teddy ready for bed?). Continue reading “When should a child stop pretend play?” »
- Pretend Play
Play has a massive impact on speech development with some children starting to talk as early as 6 months old. By the age of two, most children have a wide vocabulary of single words and are beginning to use simple sentences to communicate their needs, thoughts, and feelings. Around this time, children are also moving away from solitary play and starting to display social skills through first, parallel play, moving towards cooperative play. Continue reading “How does play enhance language development?” »
It is no secret that Pretend Play forms an essential part of a child’s development. Children learn by observing, imagining and doing. We often think of “play time” as a time reserved for running around the playground and letting off steam between lessons, or for sitting down quietly with a few good toys to tinker with. These forms of play are important in themselves, but they are not the only forms of play. Continue reading “How does pretend play help a child’s development?” »
Childhood is a time of magic and shapeshifting, when beds become boats with sheets as sails, out on a wild sea made of pillows; a tea towel becomes a cape of invincibility, flying out behind a child who is now a superhero; a clothes horse and blankets transform into a castle where a princess cowers from a dragon that silly old parents might believe is a teddy bear. Continue reading “What is Imaginative Play?” »
- Sloth Nursery Ideas for Your Snoozy Sweetie
- At what age do babies recognize themselves in the mirror?
- Dreamy And Soft Scandinavian Kids Rooms Décor Ideas
- DIY Sleeping Bags You Can Make For Your Kids
- Fun and Easy Valentine Crafts for Kids
- Adorable Bookends for Kids to Keep Books Neat and Tidy
- When should a child stop pretend play?
- Best Baby Crib Bumpers To Improve Your Baby’s Sleep
- Why do babies get their days and nights mixed up?
- Best Baby Walkers to Help Keep Them Active