During the first year of life, baby is not aware of himself. The world around him is so stimulating that he pays little attention to himself. During the second year of life, this gradually changes as the child becomes aware of his own identity. Continue reading “At what age do babies become self-aware?” »
Have you ever questioned why we put a mirror in our baby’s room? It’s common to see a low mirror in Montessori nurseries, in Nidos and infant classes. In a Montessori room, the mirror is used so that the child can get to know himself and understand that he is a person distinct from his mother. Thus, by seeing himself, the child begins to recognize himself as an individual, helping in the development of autonomy and willpower. Continue reading “What is the importance of the mirror in the baby’s room?” »
It sure seems like a baby’s love affair with their reflection starts right away, doesn’t it? From early in the first year, most babies smile, babble, and laugh at their chubby little faces reflected back at them. In fact, it’s one of their favorite activities – so much so that the car seat mirror has become a must-have. Continue reading “At what age do babies recognize themselves in the mirror?” »
Want a toy that will keep your baby entertained and that is also good for their development? Put your wallet away, because you probably already have this in your home: mirrors! Yes, that mirror hanging on your bathroom wall can help your baby’s development! Continue reading “Why are mirrors good for babies?” »
- Why babies shouldn’t wear a coat in a car seat?
- Is it safe to put blanket on baby in car seat?
- The Best Baby Car Seat Blankets for Cosy Travel
- Is it bad to let baby sleep in car seat?
- What is the fastest way to get a baby to burp?
- Is it important to burp the baby after every feed?
- When your child should stop using diapers?
- How many bibs should a baby have?
- Why do babies wear bibs?
- How to choose the best newborn bibs?